The application deadline for the BC TEAL/TESOL Award is November 1st of each year. Successful applicants will be notified within six weeks of the application deadline.
The BC TEAL/TESOL Award was established by BC TEAL and TESOL in 1992 to commemorate the first TESOL Convention held in Vancouver, Canada in 1992.
The award is a travel grant for a member in good standing of BC TEAL or a TESOL affiliate, and is valued at up to $1,000. It can be used to cover items such as registration, travel and, accommodation costs for attending or participating in a provincial, national or international English language conference.
Applicants are evaluated according to the following criteria:
- Membership in good standing of BC TEAL or a TESOL affiliate
- Documentation of service to a local/provincial TESOL/TEAL association of affiliate
Applications must be submitted prior to the conference/convention.
Applicants are required to submit:
- A letter describing:
a. A history of service to the local/provincial association or affiliate
b. The need for financial assistance for travel to the annual conference/convention
c. The extent to which attendance at an annual conference/convention will benefit the local/provincial ESL/EFL community
- A letter of recommendation from an administrator or colleague
Disbursement of Funds
Within one year, the recipient is required to complete the following before disbursement of funds:
- Give a presentation at a BC TEAL Conference or submit an article for the BC TEAL Newsletter
- Submit receipts for expenses incurred to the BC TEAL office for reimbursement
Applications can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you prefer to send your application by mail, it should be postmarked on or before the deadline and sent to:
TEAL Charitable Foundation
Attention: BC TEAL/TESOL Award
#206 – 640 West Broadway
Vancouver, BC V5Z 1G4