Dear BC TEAL Members,
As the annual conference approaches, the Board of BC TEAL is looking forward to gathering together (virtually) to celebrate the work that we all do.
BC TEAL’s Annual General Meeting will take place virtually on Thursday, May 20 from 7:00-8:00pm PDT. This is a critical time to establish the Board for the upcoming year. This year, there is an unprecedented number of available positions on the Board. Please consider serving by putting your name forward – no experience required!
We encourage participation from anyone in the EAL field at any point in their career. Ideally, the BC TEAL Board should represent the diversity found in our profession, and we are committed to creating a supportive and inclusive environment.
You can find more information on each of the positions here: 2021-2023 Position Descriptions
Serving a 2nd Year:
- President – Cindi Jones
- Past-President – Karen Densky
- 1st Vice President & Policy and Advocacy Committee Chair
- 2nd Vice President & Conference Committee Co-Chair (Finance or Admin)
- Treasurer (Finance Chair)
- Secretary (Membership Chair)
- Member-at-Large, Chair – Professional Development Committee
- Member-at-Large, Chair – TEAL Publications
- Member-at-Large, Chair – Social Media Committee
- Member-at-Large, Chair – Website
- Member-at-Large, Chair – Regional Representatives
- Member-at-Large, Chair – LINC Representative
- Member-at-Large, Chair – Private Sector Representative
- Member-at-Large, Chair – Post-Secondary Representative
Please complete the nomination form for yourself or others: 2021 BC TEAL Board Nomination Form
Deadline for Nominations: 11:59pm PDT on Thursday, May 6, 2021.
Nominations will only be accepted via the online nominations form. Nominees must be BC TEAL members.
Details about the AGM and a complete AGM package will be sent out closer to the AGM. If you have any questions about the Board or any of the positions, find a Board Member in the “Leaders Lounge” during the conference for a chat or contact: firstname.lastname@example.org