Coordinator, Explore Program
Temporary (Fixed Term)
Monday, May 9 2022
End Date (if applicable):
Wednesday, August 10 2022
The Explore Program is a Canadian government-funded five-week, intensive English immersion program for French-speaking Canadian or permanent resident students. The program aims to promote bilingualism in Canada. Langara is an established partner of the Council of Ministers of Education Canada and is excited to relaunch the program for the Summer 2022 season.
The Explore Program Coordinator is primarily responsible for the development, coordination and implementation of the Explore Program. The Coordinator is responsible for coordinating the recruitment, orientation, supervision, and development of contract staff. May perform other related duties or projects to ensure the success and continuity of the program.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in an appropriate discipline such as Education, Cross-cultural Studies, Area Studies, or Langara Global field.
- Teaching English as a Second Language (TESL) certification or equivalent required.
- Four (4) years of recent related experience in International Education including: the coordination of ESL programs including program design, curriculum development, budgeting, hiring, instructor training and assessment, and program evaluation.
- An equivalent combination of experience and education will be considered.
- Demonstrated experience in conflict resolution and mediation in a cross-cultural setting.
- Intermediate knowledge in the use of computer applications including: word processing (MS Word), spreadsheet (Excel), database management (MS Access), e-mail, and Internet navigation.
Skills & Abilities
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing, including cross-cultural communication skills.
- Ability to make presentations and speak persuasively in public.
- Must have good interpersonal skills combined with an understanding of diversity, and cross-cultural conflict management and mediation skills.
- Ability to creatively solve problems in a timely manner and to the satisfaction of all parties with sensitivity to cultural differences in limited English language environments.
- Ability to use tact and discretion to deal with or settle complex requests or complaints.
- Ability to interpret and apply College, government, and departmental policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective and harmonious relationships at all levels, both within and outside the organization including students, faculty, and administrators.
- Effective problem-solving and analytical skills and ability to manage a crisis situation.
- Ability to communicate in French an asset.
To obtain the full job description, please contact our recruitment team.
$35.64 – $52.27 per hour
Admin Paygrade 08
Compensation beyond the mid-point requires approval by the Public Sector Employers’ Council Secretariat (PSEC).
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Hours may vary according to the needs of the department.
Wednesday, April 20 2022