Position: EAL Teacher – Pathways to Childcare Careers
Hours: 35 hours per week, Mon-Fri, between 9:00 and 5:30 pm
Location: Downtown and East Vancouver
Compensation: $30.75 – $35.10 depending on qualifications
Start date: as soon as possible
End date: August 19, 2022
Position type: Short-term contract, full time
Deadline to apply: May 16, 2022
● Guided by course outlines, works closely with the ECE course instructors to prepare lesson plans and lesson materials.
● Designs, implements and instructs classes including English as an Additional Language for academic purposes and essential skills up to 14 hours per week:
o EAL lessons for academic purposes (8-10 hours per week): teach language skills to immigrant and refugee women in order to facilitate their learning process in both ECE courses and additional training such as first-aid and food safety.
o Essential skills lessons (3-4 hours per week): teach essential skills to immigrant and refugee women to improve their academic performance and digital literacy skills.
Provides tutoring sessions (3-4 hours per week) to support learners with their ECE coursework and assignment.
● Collaborates with the Program Coordinator on individual learning progress reports by performing such activities as providing input and feedback, and on resolving any student issues.
● Maintains up-to-date, accurate class records in the classroom daybook. Enters attendance records into a computerized database daily. Submits reporting documents in a timely manner.
● Manages all teaching materials and learning progress in the digital program library.
● Meets with the Instructional Coordinator when needed to contribute to the program curricula and share resources through teacher share sessions.
Please send cover letter and resume as a single PDF file quoting ‘EAL Teacher’ position in the subject line to Yuchen Li, Instructional Coordinator, email@example.com by 9 am, May 16, 2022.
Read the complete job description here.