Global Village Victoria:
Completing our 22nd year of operation, Global Village English Centre Victoria is Victoria’s leading English language school and the official site of IELTS and CELPIP testing on Vancouver Island.
Located in downtown Victoria, the school has a current capacity of 250 full-time students (170 in the shoulder season and 250 in the peak season). The school’s programs are primarily directed at students aged 16 years and over. GV Victoria runs full-time language classes at eight (8) levels in General English, as well as specialized full-time classes in IELTS Exam Prep, Cambridge FCE & CAE, and Business English.
GV Victoria prides itself on a positive learning atmosphere and also arranges accommodation and activities for students so that they can experience Canadian culture and recreational opportunities in a great social and natural environment. Our academic pathway programs have become a very important focus, so our IELTS test centre is a nice complement to our students’ advanced education goals.
About the job:
We are pleased to announce that, after a prolonged period of low enrollment caused by pandemic-related border closures, the school is in a phase of recovery.
The school expects to need 3 or 4 full-time qualified ESL/EAL instructors to join our teaching team for our busy summer season of July and August.
Start dates may range from June 27 to July 18.
As we move out of summer, full-time instructor positions are also likely to be needed.
Accredited by IALC, Languages Canada and BC Private Training Institutions Branch (PTIB),
Global Village Victoria requires all instructors to be available to teach onsite in downtown Victoria, BC and to possess the following credentials:
· University Degree from a recognized university
· Approved TESL Training Certification with supervised practicum (min 120-hour course)
· Confidence and enthusiasm for incorporating technology into the classroom
· Preference will be given to those with at least 1-2 years of experience teaching multicultural ESL/EAL classes, but is not a necessity
· Ability to produce a clean police record check upon offer
· Ability to sign a Declaration of Suitability to Work with Minors upon offer
· Willing to comply with school’s Covid-19 Vaccination Record Requirement upon offer
Interested applicants should submit a short cover letter addressing the qualifications above with a resume to Jacqueline Murphy, Director of Studies, email@example.com.
Successful applicants will be asked to provide proof of university degree and TESL Certificate at the interview.