VANCOUVER FORMOSA ACADEMY:
LINC Instructors Required
Position 1: LINC 2 Instructor;
Position 2: LINC 5 Instructor;
Applicants should indicate in a cover letter which position(s) they are applying for.
Start Date: Sept 7, 2021
Days/Times: Mon, Tues, Wed: 6:30-9:30 pm (9 hours/week)
Mode of Instruction: online, in person or both.
Classes are scheduled to start online but may move to in-person or blended instruction mid-term. Applicants must be flexible and available for all modes of instruction.
Location: Vancouver Formosa Academy: 5621 Killarney St, Vancouver, B.C. V5R 3W4 604-436-2332
- University degree and TESL certification from a training organization recognized by TESL Canada
- Minimum 2 years of teaching experience in adult ESL, preferably in a settlement- based program
- Experience in and understanding of Canadian Language Benchmarks (CLB) and Portfolio Based Language Assessment (PBLA)
- Strong competency in computer literacy and the use of educational web tools
- Experience facilitating an online educational environment using platforms such as Zoom or Microsoft Teams
- Experience with Avenue.ca will be considered an asset
- Excellent verbal and written English skills
- Highly organized, flexible, and sensitive to the needs of new immigrants to Canada
- Instruct classes of ESL adult newcomers to British Columbia in the LINC program. (These classes may be instructed online, in class, or a combination of both. Classes are scheduled to start online, but the mode of instruction may change as determined by management. Applicants must be flexible and available for all modes of instruction)
- Understand and teach according to the PBLA Practice Guidelines
- Prepare course materials and module plans based on Canadian Language Benchmarks
- Design CLB aligned assessments and track learner progress
- Conduct ongoing needs assessments with learners and develop lessons accordingly
- Plan for and assist learners in developing their portfolios and complete the required documentation
- Complete student progress reports and conduct student conferences
- Supervise field trips and host guest speakers as appropriate
- Refer students to community services and other resources as required
- Maintain student attendance, progress records, and write monthly reports to administration
- Participate in professional development and staff meetings as required
Successful candidates will be required to undergo a Criminal Records Check.
Instructor Salary: $32/ hour (including preparation time)
Submit resume and cover letter to:
Sian Tudela, LINC Coordinator, Vancouver Formosa Academy
Closing Date: Open until filled
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Thank you.