This message is posted on behalf of Vancouver Formosa Academy, a BC TEAL Supporting Institution, as a service to our members. BC TEAL does not necessarily endorse nor promote the service or message therein.
VANCOUVER FORMOSA ACADEMY
LINC 5 Instructors Required
Morning and Evening Programs
Positions: Instructors – LINC Program (LINC 5)
Start Date: Early November 2018- start date to be arranged Days/Times:
Position 1: Monday-Friday 9:00 am-12:00 noon- LINC 5
Position 2: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday: 6:30 – 9:30 pm -LINC 5
Applicants may apply for one or both positions.
Location: Vancouver Formosa Academy – 5621 Killarney St , Vancouver, B.C. V5R 3W4 604-436-2332 Instructor
- University degree and TESL certification from a training organization recognized by TESL
- Excellent spoken and written English skills
- Experience teaching adult ESL learners
- Sensitivity to and understanding of the needs of new immigrants to Canada
- Knowledge of community resources for newcomers to British Columbia
- Experience teaching adult ESL learners in a settlement based program.
- Experience teaching in the LINC program, especially at the CLB 4, 5 or 6 levels.
- Experience in and understanding of Canadian Language Benchmarks and Portfolio Based
Language Assessment (PBLA)
- Ability to effectively use computer assisted language learning
- Instruct classes of ESL adult newcomers to British Columbia in the LINC program
- Conduct ongoing needs assessments with learners and develop lessons accordingly
- Design long range as well as daily lesson plans based on Canadian Language Benchmarks
- Develop course materials based on Canadian Language Benchmarks
- Design activities for ongoing formative assessment of learners’ progress in a Portfolio Based
Language Assessment program (PBLA)
- Plan for and assist learners in developing their portfolios and complete the required documentation
- Complete student progress reports and conduct student conferences
- Supervise field trips and host guest speakers in order to enhance clients’ integration to
- Provide computer assisted instruction to complement theme-based lessons
- Refer students to community services and other resources as required
- Maintain student records and write monthly reports to administration
- Participate in professional development
Successful candidates will be required to undergo a Criminal Records Check.
Instructor Salary: $32/ hour (including preparation time)
Submit cover letter and resume to:
Sian Tudela, LINC Coordinator, Vancouver Formosa Academy
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Closing Date: October 24, 2018
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Thank you.