This message is posted on behalf of MOSAIC, a BC TEAL Supporting Institution, as a service to our members. BC TEAL does not necessarily endorse nor promote the service or message therein.
POSITION: LINC1 Instructor – Evening Shift
DEPARTMENT: MOSAIC English Language Centre, Vancouver (Commercial & Broadway area)
- Prepare learning objectives and lesson plans to teach adult ESL based on student needs and settlement language curriculum.
- Create a welcoming, and encouraging classroom environment in both face-to-face and online environment as appropriate.
- Maintain student attendance records.
- Plan for class field trips, guest speakers and special events.
- Assess and evaluate students using CLB indicators and Portfolio Based Language Assessment.
- Recognized undergraduate degree and a TESL Canada recognized TESL certificate or a clearly documented equivalent.
- At least 2 years experience teaching adult ESL, particularly using student-‐centered, participatory methods. Community-based, settlement and Literacy ESL experience an asset.
- CLB Bootcamp certificate or equivalent training required. Working knowledge of the CLBs – Canadian Language Benchmarks, and PBLA – Portfolio Based Language Assessment an asset.
- Competent degree of computer literacy using e-mail, word processing programs, and learner management systems. Experience facilitating online learning environments an asset.
- Highly organized, tactful, versatile, and flexible with excellent communication skills; sensitive to and understanding of the needs of adult immigrant learners; attitudes and values in keeping with the goals and philosophies of MOSAIC.
- Current and satisfactory Criminal Record Check is required.
HOURS: 11.25 hrs per week (9 hours instruction plus prep time)
STARTING PAY: $28.47 to $31.91 per hour (depending on experience or current MOSAIC instructor rate) A competitive benefits package is provided with contracts of at least 1 year in length which offer a minimum of 17.5 hours of work per week.
RESUMES TO: Hiring Team, Attn: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use “VanLC LINC1 EVE Application” in the subject line.
DEADLINE: 5:00pm March 20, 2019