This message is paid for by Burnaby English Language Centre. BC TEAL does not necessarily endorse nor promote the service or message therein.
Burnaby English Language Centre (LINC Program) is seeking contract and substitute language instructors for morning, & evening classes.
We are seeking instructors who have:
- An undergraduate degree from a recognized university
- The equivalent to TESL Canada Professional Standard 1 Certification
- Two- years’ experience in Adult English Language instruction in a group setting
- Experience teaching in an immigrant and refugee settlement language program
- Demonstrated familiarity with Portfolio Based Language Assessment (PBLA) and the Canada Language Benchmarks (CLB).
- A can-do attitude, an organized approach and a sensitivity to settlement language student needs
Application & Position Details:
- Evening LINC level 5 position – 9 hours per week (Mon, Wed & Thurs 6:30 pm to 9:30 pm)
- Daytime and Evening Subbing positions
- AM & PM class times: (Mon – Fri 9:00 am – 12:00 pm & 12:45 – 3:45 pm)
- Rate of pay is $31.78 per teaching hour
- Location: 6125 Sussex Avenue, Burnaby, BC V5H 4G1
Contract and substitute positions are available, subject to IRCC funding. Please email your expressions of interest including Resume and Cover Letter to Mark Batt at: email@example.com. Please include: ‘BELC LINC Position‘ in the subject line. Only those shortlisted for interviews will be contacted. Thank you!