This message is paid for by Central Vancouver Island Multicultural Society (CVIMS). BC TEAL does not necessarily endorse nor promote the service or message therein.
Provide English as a Second Language instruction to eligible adult immigrants registered in our Language Instruction for Newcomers to Canada (LINC) program; instruction will be based on the national language framework Canadian Language Benchmarks (CLB) utilizing Portfolio Based Language Instruction (PBLA); the successful individual will help learners develop the linguistic and cultural competencies necessary for basic social interactions, locating housing, meeting basic needs, acquisition of Canadian citizenship, and eventually locating employment opportunities in the Canadian labor market or to pursue education. Instructors will use a communicative, student-centered task-based approach in the classroom.
YOU MUST HAVE:
- TESL Certification Level 1 or equivalent
- Undergraduate degree in a related discipline (i.e. English as an Additional Language, English, Bachelor of Education, Adult Education, or Applied Linguistics)
- The ideal candidate would have a Minimum of two to four years’ experience in ESL instruction for adult learners within a settlement setting.
- Must have instructional experience and training in the area of adult ESL; working knowledge of the Canadian Language Benchmarks and PBLA a necessary and strong asset.
- Experience and knowledge of language instruction in the settlement sector an asset.
A full job description can be found on the CVIMS website at: http://www.cvims.org/careers/
The successful candidate will have respect for diversity and proven abilities in working with diverse clientele with a wide range of barriers. Awareness of one’s own capabilities and understanding of when to draw upon others’ expertise, a positive attitude and professional conduct are vital.
NOTE: All applicants must complete and submit the attached checklist and supporting documentation with
their application package.
Deadline: Friday, August 30, 2019 – 12:00 pm
View complete posting here