This message was paid for by CultureWorks. BC TEAL does not necessarily endorse nor promote the service or message therein.
CultureWorks Headquarters is seeking skilled contract and supply English for Academic Purposes (EAP) teachers for its online EAP program. Our program is designed to provide students with the opportunity to develop their academic English skills to be fully prepared to continue academic studies at the university level at home or abroad. Established in 1998, CultureWorks is a private language school focusing on EAP, with locations in London, Ottawa, Toronto, Harbin and Xi’An.
Start Date: January 2020
End Date: Ongoing
Orientation & Training – 5 days paid
Full-Time, Part-Time and/or Supply
Anticipated Teaching Schedule:
Teachers have the potential to work remotely, from home, within any time zone; online cohorts will be scheduled as indicated below and, in addition to regular teaching schedules, full-time and part-time teachers will be entitled to additional paid hours for prep, meetings, marking and teacher and student support. Most classes will run between 5:00 pm and 1:00 am British Columbia time.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Program Director, CultureWorks HQ, CultureWorks London, you will be responsible to:
- Plan and teach EAP online to small cohorts of international students at the intermediate to advanced level based on the CultureWorks curriculum
- Deliver online curriculum to complement classroom hours
- Incorporate content from online asynchronous lessons using a flipped classroom model
- Collaborate when necessary with fellow teachers to follow curriculum guidelines, create lesson plans, grade assignments, and discuss student progress
- Ensure course delivery and accurate grading in the CultureWorks Learning Management System
- Record attendance and generate student reports
- Facilitate meetings with students to discuss progress and provide ongoing feedback
- Cultivate positive relationships with staff, students, and the campus communities
- TESL certificate recognized by Languages Canada
- 2 years of EAP teaching experience
- Cross-cultural experience with overseas teaching experience preferred
- Online teaching experience preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
How to apply:
Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com *subject line online teaching*, applications will be accepted on an ongoing basis.