This message is posted on behalf of Douglas College, a BC TEAL Supporting Institution, as a service to our members. BC TEAL does not necessarily endorse nor promote the service or message therein
Employment Type: Full Time – Contract
Start Date: 12/12/2018
The LINC Coordinator contributes to the successful delivery of LINC (Language Instruction for Newcomers to Canada) programs for the Training Group at Douglas College: LINC 1-5 at Douglas College Surrey and Workplace LINC at Douglas College Surrey and Coquitlam.
The main location for this position is Surrey (13769 104 Avenue, Surrey) with a minimum one day per week at Coquitlam campus (1250 Pinetree Way).
To Be Successful in this Role You Will Need:
- Degree, certificate or diploma in Educational Administration, TESL or Program Management is a desirable asset;
- A minimum of 2 years supervisory experience in a program setting;
- A good working knowledge of immigrant serving programs including language programming for adults;
- Knowledge of program management;
- Ability to effectively develop and maintain a supportive work environment providing motivation, participation and opportunities for staff initiative;
- Experience in leading program teams, human resources, financial reporting, as well as collecting and reporting program statistics;
- Experience in developing an immigrant and language delivery program(s);
- Experience in implementing policies and procedures;
- Experience in working in collaborative models;
- Highly organized, able to motivate others, tactful, consultative, and flexible;
- Must be able to provide a strong, supportive leadership role to staff with a sensitivity and understanding of immigrant needs;
- Satisfactory completion of a criminal record check;
- Travel within the Lower Mainland is required: access to a vehicle and valid BC Driver’s license or reliable alternative transportation.
Close Date: Open until filled