This message is posted on behalf of Douglas College, a BC TEAL Supporting Institution, as a service to our members. BC TEAL does not necessarily endorse nor promote the service or message therein.
Workplace Communication Facilitator
Employment Type: Part Time – Contract
Start Date: 06/01/2019
The Workplace Communication Facilitator contributes to the success of Douglas College and its community of learners and will be responsible as part of the Career Paths for Skilled Immigrants’ team to assist program participants in finding work in their field of expertise.
The Facilitator will provide employed focused communication workshops to internationally educated educators or social services professionals who are enrolled with the Career Paths for Skilled Immigrants program at Douglas College. The goal is to provide extensive practice so that clients gain confidence in their communication skills to look for, find and maintain employment in their professional field.
To Be Successful in this Role You Will Need:
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree (Masters preferred) in a related discipline;
- 3 to 5 years’ experience teaching workplace communication focused topics to newcomers to BC;
- Member of BC TEAL an asset;
- Experience delivering topics on Canadian Workplace Culture;
- Knowledge creating and teaching in an online environment. E.g. Blackboard or Moodle;
- Knowledge and experience working with internationally trained professionals is an asset;
- Excellent knowledge of computers and internet resources;
- Proven ability to work independently;
- Proven organizational skills.
Close Date: Open until filled.
VIEW FULL POSTING HERE