This message was paid for by Langara. BC TEAL does not necessarily endorse or promote the service or message therein.
Langara English for Academic Purposes (LEAP) Program Coordinator
Reporting to the Student Support and Administrative Manager, Langara Language Training Centre, the Program Coordinator is responsible for design, development, organization, promotion, implementation and evaluation of the LEAP Program within the LLTC. Responsibilities include the day-to-day administration and operation of the LEAP Program, identifying learning needs of students, analyzing and utilizing market trends, recruiting and selecting administrative staff and other pertinent personnel, and overseeing the imputing of course and instructor data into the College computer system.
The Program Coordinator is accountable for strategic scheduling of program offerings, optimal enrolments, cost recovery plus revenue generation and adherence to approved Continuing Studies operational procedures and guidelines.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Adult Education or an appropriate discipline from an accredited university.
- Minimum five (5) years of recent experience in program administration and coordination of programs in a public or private post-secondary setting, including three (3) years of experience in a cross-cultural educational setting.
- Experience in Intensive English language programs, an asset.
- Experience managing, recruiting, supervising, evaluating and disciplining administrative staff.
- An equivalent combination of experience and education may be considered.
- General knowledge of other cultures, their history, religions, norms and customs.
- Knowledge of the British Columbia post-secondary education system.
Hours & Days of Work: 8:30am – 4:30pm. Monday to Friday, however, hours may vary according to the needs of the department. This position is not subject to the compressed workweek schedule.
Salary Range: $58,968 – $78,624* – $86.486 Annualized (Pay Grade 8).
*Compensation beyond the mid-point requires approval by the Public Sector Employers’ Council Secretariat (PSEC)
Application Information: Please read the posting carefully and ensure you have your documents ready prior to applying. Please submit your resume and cover letter by the closing date and time. Apply directly on the Langara website.
Closing Date: 4:30PM on July 5, 2018.