Ki-Low-Na Friendship Society is seeking a LINC Instructor who is passionate about teaching and can make learning interesting and fun for their students. The LINC Instructor is responsible for the provision of instruction in English as a Second Language and life skills required by newcomers to Canada, following curriculum which is adapted to the needs of adult newcomers.
The details of the position are listed as follows:
Position: LINC Instructor CLB Level 1-2
Location: Ki-Low-Na Friendship Society, 442 Leon Avenue, Kelowna BC
Hours of work: 8:30 to 3:00, Mon to Fri, 6 hours per day
Start Date: November 23, 2020
- Deliver English language instruction to adult learners in accordance with the CLB principles and the PBLA Guidelines.
- Design module plans and lesson plans following the Revised Canadian Language Benchmarks 2012 & the LINC Curriculum Guidelines.
- Design assessment tasks for on-going evaluation of learners’ progress based on the CLB & PBLA Guidelines.
- Prepare and submit a quarterly report to the LINC Coordinator for program monitoring.
- Maintain attendance records and other documentation as required.
- Canadian university degree with TESL Certification
- Minimum 1 year of experience teaching ESL to adult newcomers; ELSA or LINC experience
- Exceptional written and oral English language communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a group environment.
- Ability to work in a blended learning environment.
How to Apply:
Qualified Applicants should forward their resume and cover letter by November 16, 2020 to Alana Turigan at email@example.com. Please note that only selected candidates will be invited for an interview. No phone calls please.