This message is posted on behalf of MOSAIC, a BC TEAL Supporting Institution, as a service to our members. BC TEAL does not necessarily endorse nor promote the service or message therein.
POSITION: Instructional Developer (Full-Time)
DEPARTMENT: Vancouver English Language Centre
The Instructional Developer’s role will be to:
- Provide support to LINC instructors and act as a coach to LINC instructional staff.
- Observe instructors, prepare student progress meeting and feedback schedules, and meet regularly with instructional staff.
- Respond to client issues and concerns and help to identify and respond to emerging program issues.
- Arrange field trips, guest speakers, and referrals to settlement workers in response to program needs.
- Support the development and/or purchase of instructional resources. Coordinate and organize the maintenance of resources in all current formats.
- Must have an excellent working knowledge of language acquisition and immigrant settlement issues. Must have a good working knowledge of the Canadian Language Benchmarks. Familiarity with program management an asset.
- Recognized undergraduate degree and a TESL Canada recognized TESL certificate or the clearly documented equivalent.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills. Good leadership skills. Strong computer skills. Highly organized, tactful, flexible and enthusiastic. Excellent interpersonal skills. Ability to adapt to a changing environment.
- Current and satisfactory Criminal Record check required.
HOURS: 35 hrs per week
STARTING PAY: $47,057 to 52,745 annual salary (depending on experience) or current MOSAIC instructor rate
A competitive benefits package is provided with contracts of at least 1 year in length which offer a minimum of 17.5 hours of work per week.
Please use “VanLC ID job posting” in the subject line.
DEADLINE: 5:00pm February 13, 2019