This message is posted on behalf of MOSAIC, a BC TEAL Supporting Institution, as a service to our members. BC TEAL does not necessarily endorse nor promote the service or message therein.
MOSAIC is seeking a positive, student-centered, and results-oriented Stage 1 LINC Instructor to work AM shifts out of the Surrey Newcomer’s Centre (Newton) location.
POSITION: Instructor – LINC CLB Stage 1, AM
DEPARTMENT: Employment, Language, & Social Enterprise Services
- Undergraduate degree and a TESL Canada recognized Certificate or a clearly documented equivalent
- Minimum 2 years of experience teaching adult ESL, particularly using student-centered, participatory methods.
- Community-based, settlement and Literacy ESL experience, and online teaching experience will be considered an asset
- CLB Bootcamp certificate or equivalent training required; working knowledge of CLB and PBLA
- Strong competency in computer literacy using e-mail, word processing programs, and learner management systems
- Experience facilitating in an online environment will be considered an asset
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Highly organized, tactful, versatile, and flexible; sensitive to and understanding of the needs of adult immigrant learners; attitudes and values in keeping with the goals and philosophies of MOSAIC.
- Current and satisfactory Criminal Record Check required
HOURS: Part-time (17.5 hrs/week), LINC Instructor – CLB Stage 1, AM Monday to Friday
Fixed Term Contract: September 8, 2020 to March 31, 2021
Two weeks paid training – July 6-17, 2020
STARTING PAY: $28.47 to $30.14 hourly rate, Based on experience and qualifications
RESUMES TO: MOSAIC Hiring Team, Attn: Linda Davies email@example.com
Please reference “Your Name – Stage 1 LINC Instructor, Surrey” in the subject line of your application and submit via email (Word / PDF format).
DEADLINE: June 15, 2020