This message is posted on behalf of MOSAIC, a BC TEAL Supporting Institution, as a service to our members. BC TEAL does not necessarily endorse nor promote the service or message therein.
POSITION: Manager, Vancouver Language Centres
DEPARTMENT: Employment and Language Programs
MOSAIC is seeking a confident and caring leader to manage our Vancouver Language Centres. The manager’s role is to ensure the Language Centres functions as a unit, with clear communications and coordination between instructional, administrative support and child care teams. Under the direction of the Senior Manager of Language Programs, the Manager assumes overall responsibility for daily program operations, management of human resources, achievement of contractual outcomes and the implementation and maintenance of all relevant policies, systems and procedures at MOSAIC. The manager also works closely with other Language Centre managers and Child Care Manager.
- A good working knowledge of language programming for adults and knowledge of program and human resources management
- Able to effectively develop and maintain a supportive work environment
providing motivation, participation and opportunities for staff initiative
- Degree, certificate or diploma in Educational Administration, TESL or Program Management
- A minimum of 2 years supervisory experience in a program setting. Experience in program management, human resources, and financial management;experience in developing and implementing language delivery programs;experience in implementing policies and procedures; experience in working in collaborative models.
- Experience instructing in a Non–Governmental Organization (NGO) adult ESL program an asset
- Excellent communication, program management, human resources and financial management skills
- Highly organized, able to motivate a skilled and professional team, tactful,
consultative, and flexible. Must be able to provide a strong, supportive
leadership role to staff. Sensitivity and understanding of immigrant needs. Must have strong intercultural and diversity competency skills. Attitudes and values in keeping with the goals and philosophies of MOSAIC
- Must pass criminal record check
HOURS: 35 hrs per week
STARTING PAY: $51,519 to $57,976 annually, depending on level of
experience. A competitive benefits package is provided with contracts of at least 1 year in length which offer a minimum of 17.5 hours of work per week.
Attn: Diana Ospina, Senior Manager Language Programs,
Please reference “Manager- Vancouver Language Centres” in the subject line of your application.