This message is posted on behalf of MOSAIC, a BC TEAL Supporting Institution, as a service to our members. BC TEAL does not necessarily endorse nor promote the service or message therein.
POSITION: Stage 1 LINC Instructor
- Undergraduate degree and a TESL Canada recognized Certificate or a clearly documented equivalent
- Minimum 2 years of experience teaching adult ESL, particularly using student-centered, participatory methods. Community-based, settlement and Literacy ESL experience will be considered an asset
- CLB Bootcamp certificate or equivalent training required; working knowledge of CLB and PBLA
- Strong competency in computer literacy using e-mail, word processing programs, and learner management systems
- Experience facilitating in an online environment will be considered an asset
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Highly organized, tactful, versatile, and flexible; sensitive to and understanding of the needs of adult immigrant learners
- Current and satisfactory Criminal Record Check required
HOURS: Full-time (33.75 hrs per week, Monday-Friday 9AM-12PM / Monday-Thursday 1PM-4PM; 27 hours of instruction plus preparation time)
CONTRACT: This is a replacement contract effective January 9, 2020 – March 13, 2020
RESUMES TO: Hiring Team – MOSAIC English Language Centre, 304-2730 Commercial Drive, Vancouver, BC V5N 5P4. Email: email@example.com
DEADLINE: Tuesday, November 26, 2019 at 5:00 PM.