This message is posted on behalf of Pacific Immigrant Resources Society, a BC TEAL Supporting Institution, as a service to our members. BC TEAL does not necessarily endorse or promote the service or message therein.
Position: English as Additional Language (EAL) Teacher
Contract / Renewal Possibility: Hours Vary
The EAL teacher will plan and teach English classes for refugee and immigrant women in a multi-level class. The teacher needs to implement trauma-informed practices including creating a welcoming, safe, and supportive classroom environment.
- Certification in teaching English as a second language to adults (from a TESL Canada recognized training program)
- University Degree in a related field
- Ability to speak and write English fluently
- Attitudes and values in keeping with the goals and philosophies of PIRS
- Understanding trauma-informed pedagogical practices and the intersectionality of working with multi-barriered vulnerable learners
Please send resume and cover letter outlining relevant experience to:
Pacific Immigrant Resources Society
1874 Kingsway, Vancouver, BC V5N 2S7
Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: Sept 10, 2019