This message was paid for by Thompson Rivers University. BC TEAL does not necessarily endorse nor promote the service or message therein.
Thompson Rivers University, International Training Centre invites applications for part-time non-credit instructor and instructor assistant positions from June 1-September 30, 2018. Dates and length of contract vary throughout this time. Please submit your CV directly through our TRU Career page at https://tru.hua.hrsmart.com/hr/ats/JobSearch/index
The successful candidate will be responsible for the delivery of an intensive non-credit English language program. Classes are typically multi-leveled and comprised of students from diverse linguistic and sociocultural backgrounds. All lessons are taught in a student-centered, integrated skills format. Instructors must be able to identify needs, adjust and/or supplement existing curriculum as required to suit various levels of ability, and perform formative and summative assessments as required.
Applicants must have TESL certification and should possess the following attributes:
- proven ability to deliver engaging and effective lessons
- understanding of the role culture can play in educational contexts
- familiarity with educational technology such as projection systems and interactive whiteboards
- ability to communicate effectively with all members of the International Training Centre team
Instructor Assistant Positions
The successful candidate will assist with the instruction and organization of an intensive non-credit English language program. Classes are typically multi-leveled and comprised of students from diverse linguistic and sociocultural backgrounds. The instructor assistant must be prepared to participate in all scheduled recreational and cultural activities, and is also responsible for confirming and facilitating these events.
Applicants should possess the following attributes:
- great attention to detail
- ability to handle cash and maintain accurate records of expenditures
- able to anticipate needs and solve problems
- strong written and oral communication skillsTESL certificate preferred.
If further information is required please contact:
Lori De Frias – Associate Director, International Training
805 TRU Way
Kamloops, BC V2C-0C8