This message is posted on behalf of Trinity Language Centre, a BC TEAL Supporting Institution, as a service to our members. BC TEAL does not necessarily endorse nor promote the service or message therein.
TLC has an opening for the Pre-Graduate Studies Level-1 (PGS-1, IELTS 6.0) position starting from Tuesday, April 30, 2019. This EAP position involves 12 hours of weekly teaching in 3 mornings and a one-hour in-class learning support on Fridays in 15 weeks. The contract has the potential to renew for the following semester(s).
- preparation of classes, activities, and assignments based on curriculum;
- teaching all classes;
- designing, setting, and marking quizzes and test papers;
- filling out progress sheet;
- participating in staff meetings and school events as required;
- maintaining regular office hours;
- giving ongoing and final evaluation of student performance; and
- being flexible in schedule to accommodate potential evening/weekend classes.
The ideal candidate should have
- An MA/MED in TESOL/TEAL/English/Education/ Linguistics from an English
medium university, AND a TESL/TESOL/TEAL certificate from a provincially
- ONE year of EAP teaching experience in classroom settings;
- expert fluency in English language (IELTS Band 9 or equivalent).
Successful experience in the following areas:
- Teaching EAP intermediate to advanced levels;
- Evidence of successful materials development and lesson planning in EAP;
- Experience of teaching international students;
- Strong intercultural communication skills; and
- Demonstrated ability to work with a team from diverse background.
Based on experience.
Please submit a letter of application, resume, and name of two references from people who are familiar with your professional experience to email@example.com with the subject “PGS-1 Instructor Application” by Monday, April 8.