This message is posted on behalf of Trinity Language Centre, a BC TEAL Supporting Institution, as a service to our members. BC TEAL does not necessarily endorse nor promote the service or message therein.
Trinity Language Centre (TLC), Richmond Campus of Trinity Western University
With the expansion of the School, TLC has EAP openings for the Fall Semester starting Tuesday, Sept. 3, 2019. These EAP positions involve 10-20 hours per week for international students from intermediate to advanced levels. There is the potential of contract renewal after the 15-week-long Fall Semester in 2019.
The ideal candidate should have
- A BA/MA in TESOL/TEAL/English/Education/ Linguistics from an English medium university, AND a TESL/TESOL/TEAL certificate from a provincially accredited and Languages Canada (LC) recognized institution;
- ONE year of academic English teaching experience in classroom settings;
- expert fluency in English language (IELTS Band 9 or equivalent).
Successful experience in the following areas:
- Teaching EAP intermediate to advanced levels;
- Evidence of successful material development and lesson planning in EAP;
- Experience of teaching international students;
- Cultural awareness and strong intercultural communication skills; and
- Demonstrated ability to work with a team from diverse backgrounds.
Based on experience.
Please submit a letter of application, resume, and name of two references from people who are familiar with your professional experience to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “EAP Instructor Application” ASAP.