This message is posted on behalf of Trinity Language Centre, a BC TEAL Supporting Institution, as a service to our members. BC TEAL does not necessarily endorse nor promote the service or message therein.
Trinity Language Centre (TLC), Richmond Campus of Trinity Western University
TLC has EAP instructor openings for Spring, 2019 starting from January of 2020. These positions involve 10-20 hours of weekly teaching for international students from lower intermediate to advanced levels. There is the potential of contract renewal after the 15-week-long semester.
The ideal candidate should have
- an MA in TESOL/TEAL/English/Education/ Linguistics from an English medium university, AND a TESL/TESOL/TEAL/CELTA certificate from a provincially accredited and Languages Canada recognized institution;
- ONE year of academic English teaching experience in classroom settings;
- expert fluency in English language (IELTS Band 9 or equivalent).
Successful experience in the following areas:
- Teaching EAP intermediate to advanced levels;
- Evidence of successful material development and lesson planning in EAP;
- Experience of teaching international students;
- Cultural awareness and strong intercultural communication skills; and
- Demonstrated ability to work with a team from diverse background..
Based on experience.
Please submit a letter of application, resume, and name of two references from people who are familiar with your professional experience to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “EAP Instructor Application”