This message was paid for by VanWest College. BC TEAL does not necessarily endorse or promote the service or message therein.
VanWest College is looking for TESL Canada-qualified ESL teachers for our downtown Kelowna, BC campus location.
- We are looking for warm, energetic, and professional ESL teachers.
- On-call teachers for planned vacations and unplanned (emergency) substitute ESL teaching. Assignments can be anywhere from a day or two, to several weeks.
- Many of our full-time teachers started in “on-call” positions, and full-time positions may be available for the right candidate.
Qualifications and Skills:
Please note: only teachers with TESL-Canada recognized credentials will be contacted
- Undergraduate degree plus TESL Canada recognized credential.
- Experience teaching culturally diverse learners.
- Excellent communications skills (written, verbal).
- Energy and enthusiasm combined with strong interpersonal skills.
- Proficient organizational skills.
- Able to work independently and in a multi-cultural collaborative team setting.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple tasks and priorities.
Start Date: Immediate.
Please apply only if you are currently located in Kelowna, BC area; out-of-area applications will not be considered.
How to Apply:
Please submit a resume and cover letter detailing how your qualifications and experience relate to the position. Please email Alicia Henderson at “email@example.com”
VanWest College thanks all applicants for their interest and regrets that only those short-listed will be contacted. Applicants who previously applied for teaching positions are welcome to reapply.
*Check the link below for a list of (Canadian) TESL- approved credentials
About VanWest College
VanWest College is a privately owned Canadian college with campuses located in Vancouver and Kelowna, British Columbia. The College is certified by the Private Training Institutions Branch (PTIB) branch of the BC government Ministry of Advanced Education. Certification by PTIB assures clients that VanWest College delivers education and training programs that meet and exceed high-quality educational standards and student protection. Highly interactive program courses, taught by industry leaders, are designed to improve students’ communication skills, increase business knowledge and refine job-search and employability skills. Students will acquire the essential real-life skills necessary to be successful in a workplace environment and students in co-op programs will spend approximately 50% of their program time in paid, authentic Canadian job placements. For real learning, real experience and real results, VanWest College is the premiere choice.