This message is paid for by Yorkville University. BC TEAL does not necessarily endorse nor promote the service or message therein.
Yorkville University has an opening for a Program Coordinator for Yorkville’s ESL Pathway program.
This role is full time and will be located at our new campus in New Westminster.
The Program Coordinator focuses primarily on academic coordination and is responsible for assisting the Senior Director of Education in maintaining the overall health of the Yorkville ESL Pathway program, including curriculum, delivery and student issues that pertain to student outcomes and the design and delivery of the program.
The Program Coordinator maintains the integrity of the program as per approved Languages Canada accreditation.
The Program Coordinator will be the sole Instructor in the Yorkville ESL Pathway Program until program enrolment is such that additional Instructors can be justified.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Recommend Instructors to teach in the program; provide faculty leadership, including orientation to Yorkville University policies and procedures, training on Yorkville’s student information system and other supervisory tasks as appropriate.
- Review student evaluations and provide input to faculty to improve instruction and student satisfaction.
- Participation in Open houses, registration and other special events.
- Leading and coordinating orientation to the program as well as conducting placement tests
- Monitoring of Students grades and scheduling them accordingly.
- Provide Marketing with stories, materials and opportunities to promote and market the ESL Pathway program and Yorkville University
- Assist Instructors in fulfilling administrative duties.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field. Masters degree preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in the ESL industry
- Able to demonstrate significant contacts and network to help develop a strong Instructor team
- Teaching and administrative experience would be preferred
- TESL certification from a TESL Canada-recognized institution
- Collaborative, collegial; able to get things done by working with others
- Strong administrative and organizational skills
- Demonstrates exemplary leadership skills
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and oral
Interested applicants should forward their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with Subject Line: B.C ESL Pathway Coordinator.
About Yorkville University
Founded in 2004, Yorkville University is a Canadian university with a national presence. With campuses in New Brunswick, Ontario and British Columbia, Yorkville University offers professional, practitioner-oriented masters and bachelor degree programs, delivered entirely online, in class or a blend of both.
Please visit www.yorkvilleu.ca for further information.