Start Date: Jan 4, 2022
Days/Times: Mon, Tues, Wed, Thur 9:00 am 12:00 noon (12 hours/week)
Mode of Instruction: online, in person or both
Classes are scheduled to start online but may move to in-person or blended instruction later in the term.
On-Site Location: Vancouver Formosa Academy: 5621 Killarney St, Vancouver, B.C.
· University degree and TESL certification from a training organization recognized by TESL Canada
· Minimum 2 years of teaching experience in adult ESL, preferably in a settlement- based program
· Experience in and understanding of Canadian Language Benchmarks (CLB) and Portfolio Based Language Assessment (PBLA)
· Strong competency in computer literacy and the use of educational web tools
· Experience facilitating an online educational environment using platforms such as Zoom or Microsoft Teams
· Experience with Avenue.ca will be considered an asset
· Excellent verbal and written English skills
· Highly organized, flexible, and sensitive to the needs of new immigrants to Canada
· Instruct classes of ESL adult newcomers to British Columbia in the LINC program.
· Understand and teach according to the PBLA Practice Guidelines
· Prepare course materials and module plans based on Canadian Language Benchmarks
· Design CLB aligned assessments and track learner progress.
· Conduct ongoing needs assessments with learners and develop lessons accordingly
· Plan for and assist learners in developing their portfolios and complete the required documentation
· Complete student progress reports and conduct student conferences
· Supervise field trips and host guest speakers as appropriate.
· Refer students to community services and other resources as required
· Maintain student attendance, progress records, and write monthly reports to administration
· Participate in professional development and staff meetings as required
Successful candidates will be required to undergo a Criminal Records Check.
Instructor Salary: $32/ hour (including preparation time)
Submit resume and cover letter to:
Sian Tudela, LINC Coordinator, Vancouver Formosa Academy
E-mail: email@example.com Closing Date: Open until filled
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Thank you.