This message is posted on behalf of MOSAIC English Language Programs, a BC TEAL Supporting Institution, as a service to our members. BC TEAL does not necessarily endorse nor promote the service or message therein.
Leading by Learning: Intercultural Competency Training for Language InstructorsHow do you as a language instructor navigate intercultural challenges and teach intercultural awareness, knowledge and skills to your students?
MOSAIC’s Intercultural Competency (IC) in Language Teaching:
- Builds and applies knowledge of IC concepts through interactive activities
- Explores power and privilege in the EAL classroom
- Provides skills and strategies to work through teacher experiences of challenging IC situations
- Introduces a trauma-informed approach for the classroom (Optional)
- Shares IC lessons and activities that can also be used as PBLA compatible artefacts (Optional)
The training is available in a variety of formats to fit your needs including facilitated online sessions, a face-to-face workshop, or a combination of the two.
“Content and delivery were great. The discussion was so valuable to
share experience and strategies.”
“The lessons that you showed us were great: there was content that made everyone sit up and take note.”
“Fantastic group activities, Great facilitator.”