Trinity Language Center (TLC), Richmond & Langley Campus of Trinity Western University
Sessional Instructor Position
TLC has an instructor opening for the Fall semester (15 weeks) starting from Sept. 8, 2021. This position involves 5 hours of weekly EAP teaching for international students at the advanced level; it is potential that the contract renews for Spring 2022 onwards. In addition, this position may also teach 30 hours of a short-term ESL program in the first two weeks of September.
All the teaching will be online in the Fall.
- preparation of classes, activities, and assignments based on the curriculum and syllabus;
- teaching the class;
- designing, setting, and marking quizzes and test papers;
- filling out the progress sheet;
- participating in staff meetings and school events as required;
- maintaining regular office hours;
- providing the ongoing and/or final evaluation of student performance; and
- being flexible in schedule to accommodate potential evening/weekend classes.
- Teaching the class and organizing activities based on the curriculum and syllabus;
- Filling out the progress sheet;
- Meeting with the Director of Education as necessary, and
- Providing evaluation of student performance as necessary.
The ideal candidate should have
- An MA in TESOL/TEAL/English/Education/ Linguistics from an English medium university, AND a TESL/TESOL/TEAL/CELTA certificate from a Languages Canada recognized institution;
- TWO years of academic English teaching experience minimum in classroom settings;
- Expert fluency in English language (IELTS Band 9 or equivalent).
Successful experience in the following areas:
- Teaching EAP at the advanced level;
- Teaching ESL;
- Evidence of successful material development and lesson planning in EAP;
- Experience of teaching international students;
- Cultural awareness and strong intercultural communication skills;
- Demonstrated ability to work with a team from diverse background; and
- Travel between TLC Richmond and Langley locations an asset.
Based on experiences and qualifications.
Please submit a letter of application, resume, and name of two references from people who are familiar with your professional experience to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “EAP Instructor Application” by Monday, July 19.
In accordance with Canadian immigration requirements, this advertisement is directed to Canadian citizens, permanent residents, or those holding a valid working visa.
We appreciate all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for interview will be contacted.