Position: Instructor – LINC Program – Evening
Start Date: Sept 8, 2020
Days/Times: Mon, Tues, Wed: 6:30-9:30 pm (9 hours/week)
Level: LINC 3
Vancouver Formosa Academy: 5621 Killarney St, Vancouver, B.C. V5R 3W4 604-436-2332
Instructor Qualifications: (Mandatory)
- University degree and TESL certification from a training organization recognized by TESL Canada
- Minimum 2 years of teaching experience in adult ESL, preferably in a settlement-based program
- Experience in and understanding of Canadian Language Benchmarks (CLB) and Portfolio Based Language Assessment (PBLA)
- Strong competency in computer literacy and the use of educational web tools
- Experience facilitating an online educational environment using platforms such as Zoom or Microsoft Teams will be considered an asset.
- Excellent verbal and written English skills
- Highly organized, flexible, and sensitive to the needs of new immigrants to Canada
- Instruct classes of ESL adult newcomers to British Columbia in the LINC program (These classes may be instructed online, in class, or a combination of both. The mode of instruction may change as determined by management. Instructor must be available for all modes of instruction)
- Conduct ongoing needs assessments with learners and develop lessons accordingly
- Prepare course materials and module plans based on Canadian Language Benchmarks
- Design activities for ongoing assessment of learners’ progress in PBLA
- Plan for and assist learners in developing their portfolios and complete the required documentation
- Complete student progress reports and conduct student conferences
- Supervise field trips and host guest speakers as appropriate.
- Refer students to community services and other resources as required
- Maintain student attendance, progress records, and write monthly reports to administration
- Participate in professional development and staff meetings as required
Successful candidates will be required to undergo a Criminal Records Check.
Instructor Salary: $32/ hour (including preparation time)
Submit resume and cover letter to:
Sian Tudela, LINC Coordinator, Vancouver Formosa Academy
Closing Date: Open until filled
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Thank you.
Download this job posting