This message was paid for by EQWIP HUBs. BC TEAL does not necessarily endorse or promote the service or message therein.
Online Community Advisor/Digital Literacy
Duration: 3 – 5 month volunteer placement
Country: Bolivia, Ghana, Indonesia, Peru, Senegal, Tanzania
Language Requirements: Fluent in English or French
EQWIP HUBs is looking for Online Community Advisors to support IT Managers and partners in country to strengthen the implementation of the project’s digital platforms, including the project’s eHUB, and to improve youth’s digital literacy.
The eHUB is EQWIP HUBs’ digital platform developed by our partner Taking IT Global (TIG) that serves as a digital space for global engagement of youth, volunteers and staff. The platform also supports monitoring and evaluation activities through events and participation tracking. Country offices use the online community to promote activities and share stories from our global EQWIP HUBs spaces. The eHUB supports youth participant learning through discussion forums, resource libraries and learning extensions modules that complement classroom training.
Qualifications and skills:
- Post-secondary studies in communications, education, marketing or other relevant fields
- Knowledge and interest in leveraging technology to support international development and sustainable livelihoods
- Experience with Microsoft Office and a high level of internet literacy
- Ability to troubleshoot basic technical software and hardware issues
- Knowledge of social media for social change, internet collaboration tools, and content management systems
- Facilitating and training experience
- Able to thrive as part of a team, in person and remotely
- Require minimal supervision and to manage multiple priorities
- Excellent interpersonal, communication (oral and written), and organizational skills
- Experience with e-learning is an asset
- Experience with survey collection, conducting interviews and/or focus groups discussions is an asset
How to apply:
You can submit your application at: https://www.eqwiphubs.org/apply/